Wednesday, June 27, 2007
1. I'm practicing to be in my first fiddle contest. A music teacher named Liz and I will be playing "Swallowtail Jig" and "In the Garden" with help from our wonderful teacher. The contest is in September in Newburgh - Catfish and fiddle music, my kind of time.
2. Jeff and I went to ROMP. It was awesome. We listened to lots of cool groups, went to some workshops, and picked with a bunch of other musicians. Eli and I performed with the Kentucky Bluegrass Allstars and got our Tshirts and musician laminates to prove it.
3. I'm going busking soon, probably on Friday.
4. I got a really cool new cell phone. Yep, I'm a geek like that.
4. Eli is going to swim camp this week. He didn't get Jeff's swim gene. Poor guy. But I was proud of him, he jumped off the diving board the second day! Yay Eli!
5. I'm redesigning a website for a local company.
6. Eli and I went to the children's museum in Evansville yesterday with Alicia and her two boys. It was pretty cool! We ran into Ashley and her two girls there. We run into them nearly everytime we leave the house for some strange reason. The kids climbed into a giant nose, fired a fog canon, floated balls on pipes, built a roller coaster, acted on stage, created a stop animation scene, among other things. I ran into Mandy there also, she's 16 and has Rett Syndrome like Bayleigh.
7. Bayleigh's summer program is going great.
8. I really need to shampoo the carpets this week :(. Unless you want to do it for me...
9. My yearly embarrassment is now 364 days in the future. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. but I have to go get another mammogram next week. *sigh*
10. I love nasonex. I can now breathe like a normal person.
11. I'm thoroughly enjoying Wilco's latest album. It's what you hear in the background of all the new VW commercials.
12. Jeff is working 12 hour days for a while. He's so tired and I don't see him much. I think he's going to be off next Thursday :(
13. Like zucchini? Cause we are going have about 14 gazillion of them in a week or two.
14. I started a real blog on blogger.com. But I've not kept up with it lately.
15. My New Year's resolution was to read the entire bible from cover to cover this year. So far I'm only on 1st Samuel. So, it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. But I'm not giving up. In fact I'm rather enjoying it. So I'll get there eventually, and that's the main thing.
16. Jeff's brother was "months away from a heart attack" according to his doctor. He's now recovering well from receiving two stints and says he feels better than he has in a long time. He said to tell everyone thanks for the prayers.
17. Speaking of #16, Jeff's mom is taking Chantix to help her quit smoking and its WORKING! So I told our family doctor that I want Jeff on it immediately.
18. My mom and dad are in Arkansas diamond hunting.
19. I met a man at ROMP who remembered my Papa. And he played a song for me on the guitar that Papa used to play.
And that's all I can think of for now.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Appetizer - Name a funny habit you have.
I fidget a *lot*. I'm always moving. My best friend would get so mad at me cause I moved around so much in church. I'm already a bit heavy, but if I didn't fidget I'd probably be 350 pounds as much energy as I burn.
Soup - If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick?
I already play several instruments, but I wish I could play the fiddle a *lot* better.
Salad - How long is your hair?
Very very long. About 4 inches past my waist.
Main Course - When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it?
Can't say. Too sensitive of a subject. But I'll say it's hard to forget. Especially for women. I envy men that they are so ready to forgive and forget. It's harder for me. I stay on guard from that point forward, expecting that person to do me wrong again.
Dessert - What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
My coffee maker. It's a Bunn and makes coffee in 3 minutes. It cost a pretty penny for what it is but it's worth it.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Wow, I'm late on this one!
Name something you think is “the best.”
Cold Stone Creamery has the best ice cream I've ever eaten.
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 highest), how stressed are you today?
About a 3. Not a lot going on. Tomorrow however is a different day.
What kind of cleanser do you use to wash your face?
Mary Kay 3 in 1 cleanser. I'm not attached to it particularly. Just have a friend who is a rep.
Tonight is a blue moon! What is something that you believe only happens “once in a blue moon.”
Me being truly organized. If it ever happens, it doesn't happen for long.
When was the last time it rained where you live?
Friday briefly. It was not enough. I've been watering all the plants in my flower beds and vegetable garden, otherwise they would have long since died off.
I'll probably re-post a few entries here, when I get time to pull them in.
Some of the subjects you might find here eventually include: cool stuff I find on the web, music, fiddle playing, guitar, mandolin, digital scrapbooking, photography, books, Rett Syndrome, ADHD, techie stuff, organization, Christianity, and who knows what else.