Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Catchin' Up

I've not blogged in forever, sorry.... Life's been a good kind of busy lately. But I'll try to summarize what's been going on, in no particular order of time or importance:

1. I'm practicing to be in my first fiddle contest. A music teacher named Liz and I will be playing "Swallowtail Jig" and "In the Garden" with help from our wonderful teacher. The contest is in September in Newburgh - Catfish and fiddle music, my kind of time.

2. Jeff and I went to ROMP. It was awesome. We listened to lots of cool groups, went to some workshops, and picked with a bunch of other musicians. Eli and I performed with the Kentucky Bluegrass Allstars and got our Tshirts and musician laminates to prove it.

3. I'm going busking soon, probably on Friday.

4. I got a really cool new cell phone. Yep, I'm a geek like that.

4. Eli is going to swim camp this week. He didn't get Jeff's swim gene. Poor guy. But I was proud of him, he jumped off the diving board the second day! Yay Eli!

5. I'm redesigning a website for a local company.

6. Eli and I went to the children's museum in Evansville yesterday with Alicia and her two boys. It was pretty cool! We ran into Ashley and her two girls there. We run into them nearly everytime we leave the house for some strange reason. The kids climbed into a giant nose, fired a fog canon, floated balls on pipes, built a roller coaster, acted on stage, created a stop animation scene, among other things. I ran into Mandy there also, she's 16 and has Rett Syndrome like Bayleigh.

7. Bayleigh's summer program is going great.

8. I really need to shampoo the carpets this week :(. Unless you want to do it for me...

9. My yearly embarrassment is now 364 days in the future. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. but I have to go get another mammogram next week. *sigh*

10. I love nasonex. I can now breathe like a normal person.

11. I'm thoroughly enjoying Wilco's latest album. It's what you hear in the background of all the new VW commercials.

12. Jeff is working 12 hour days for a while. He's so tired and I don't see him much. I think he's going to be off next Thursday :(

13. Like zucchini? Cause we are going have about 14 gazillion of them in a week or two.

14. I started a real blog on blogger.com. But I've not kept up with it lately.

15. My New Year's resolution was to read the entire bible from cover to cover this year. So far I'm only on 1st Samuel. So, it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. But I'm not giving up. In fact I'm rather enjoying it. So I'll get there eventually, and that's the main thing.

16. Jeff's brother was "months away from a heart attack" according to his doctor. He's now recovering well from receiving two stints and says he feels better than he has in a long time. He said to tell everyone thanks for the prayers.

17. Speaking of #16, Jeff's mom is taking Chantix to help her quit smoking and its WORKING! So I told our family doctor that I want Jeff on it immediately.

18. My mom and dad are in Arkansas diamond hunting.

19. I met a man at ROMP who remembered my Papa. And he played a song for me on the guitar that Papa used to play.

And that's all I can think of for now.

No comments: