Today on the zenhabits.com blog there is an article about minimalism - cutting your possessions down to 100 things. Here's the link to the article: http://zenhabits.net/2007/09/minimalist-fun-the-100-things-challenge/
There are some rules that help - such as shared family items don't count, cleaning supplies, books, collections count as one item, etc. I know I couldn't complete this challengs, but I am going to challenge myself to make a list anyways, just because it's an interesting idea. I'll be completing this list over the next few days, so check back. Hmmm, I could even make a flickr blog about it... Well, here's a list of the no-brainers for now:
1. My bible. I understand books don't count but I'm including in anyway.
2. My fiddle/violin with accessories (I'm counting that as a collection). That would include case, rosin, tuner, bow.
3. Pared down selection of sheet music.
4. Laptop and accessories, with EHD.
5. PDA Phone w/ accessories
6. PDA w/ accessories. (this could possibly go off the list. I keep it because it's more powerful and has a better screen and more memory than the PDA phone. But theoretically I don't need both.)
7. Digital Camera
9. Photo Printer/camera charger dock.
10. A guitar. Jeff and I share them, but I'm going to count one.
11. A moleskine journal or knock-off of one.
That's what I've got so far. I'm concerned if I count clothing, make-up, and personal care items, I'm going to run out very soon.
Interesting concept though. i"m going to look at some other blogs doing this and see how they are doing it.