Thursday, September 20, 2007

Silas House

My husband had the chance to meet NYT bestselling appalachian writer Silas House last night at a local college. Jeff was quite inspired by listening to him, and he bought the book "The Coal Tattoo". Don't know when he'll get a chance to read it with all his school work.

So, I just now looked up this man's website, and found his list of favorite musicians and I was stunned. People know I have obscure taste in music, and this man had many of my favorites on his list. Artists like Gillian Welch, Lucinda Williams, Be Good Tanyas, Sufjan Stevens, Iron and Wine, Patty Griffin, Darrell Scott, Abigail Washburn, and many others.

Now I can't wait to read his book too!

1 comment:

Whee said...

Hey, I've read this! I recommend the audio version, read by Kate Forbes. She has the best eastern Kentucky accent to fit the characters.

Penny